Dienstag, 2. Februar 2010

Digital Film Lab

I am also working for the DFL (Digital Film Lab). The "Production Coordinator" asked us to fill in a Checklist for our new Project. I did, here the result:



CHECKLIST DIY DIGITAL FILM LAB ArtEZ

Name Student :Joschua Hohenbrink
Email :joschua-h@web.de
Mobile :i will get a new german number. If I have ill let you know
Skype :Joschua Hohenbrink
Work title film :Berlijn, Berlijn
Projectnr : DFL2010_ ?
Length of film :15 – 25 min
Medium/ Sort of film : experimental film
Deadline : Ntb.

Scenario/ Script
Its about the city the people the atmosphere the feeling and impressions. Its like a experimental documentary about the city up to the nature around Berlin. The film will be supported of Music/Sounds made on my own with “exotic instruments” like the Gemshorn and/or the Overtuneflute. I cant make a real script because most of the scenes are random shots. First I am going to check out some nice places and making test shots to see if its works and how. I think a kind of script and a red line will be arise when I am working on this film.

Treatment/ Look& feel/ Directors notes
I am thinking about to combine shots from the present with archive material from the past. I don't no were I can find those, but I am sure I will be successful at internet or in the city library. I want to create a collage with moving images, self painted stuff combined with sounds to show the viewer in a very special way Berlin he never saw before. What you see is never what you feel. I wanna show you what I feel. I think most of the shots will be very slow so that you have enough time to make a discovery through the images and get “lost in time and space”. What kind of colours, warm or industrial style ect. The film will have I cant say, because painting (or digital-postproduction-painting, what I am gonna to do) comes from the heart and its impossible to give now information about it. But there will be all kind of styles. Check the trailer on www.osch.org/slowsense and you´ll know what I mean.

Production Notes
Actors:
maybe I involve a actor. I was thinking about someone (maybe my girlfriend) who is walking through the city and is confronted with all these images. But than the whole film would turn into something different. I have to think about it. What do you think?

Voice over:
Maybe in the soundscape I will have a voice from archive material, television, radio I don't no yet.


Location:
Berlin. I think only outside. Whether the weather is nice or whether the weather is not :)


Set dressing/ props/ Set design:
I don't want to build a set.

Equipment:
I am thinking about to buy a new camera (Panasonic HDC SD 20 – little SDCart Camcorder, but Full HD and nice colours ---> 400€!!! maybe Aki gives me money? ;-)). Than I have to buy a new tripod (mine was stolen – the second time!). But I have also the opportunity to rent a camera from a friend of mine.

Wardrobe/ Hair/ Make-up:
If I involve a actor, than she has to wear a simple dress that looks naturally and some discreet make-up. The hair open. (like a city angel :-)). Or wearing a crazy mask and looking horrible.

Music production / Music search/ briefing composers:
I don't have any music example. I am not sure if I want to record the sounds on my own. Maybe a can get help from a friend of mine, or the Party-Aki-Van has to support me. But it will be no problem for me, I am working since a longer time with music and sounds so I know what to do. I also have the needed equipment.

Shot list / Planning of the shooting day(s):
No idea

Editing & Animation
16:9. I´ll make the posproduction on my own PC with AfterEffects and Premiere.

Customize Titles & credits
I don't no yet.

Sound studio/ final mix
I will ask some professional people to make the final mix.

Presentation how & where:
On a biiiiiiiiiiiig wall with huuuuuuuuuuuge speakers to kick everybody's ass.

Other questions?
Is there money for the students?


Joschua Hohenbrink.

EV29/01/10



please leave comments

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen